- You can split payments between an Amazon gift card and your regular payment method.
- However, if you’re looking to split payments between multiple credit cards, you can’t do that on Amazon.
- Here’s how to split a payment between your gift card and credit card on Amazon.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
If you’re looking for a way to split costs between two different credit cards on Amazon, you’re out of luck. You can only split a payment using an Amazon gift card and your debit or credit card.
Still, it’s always good to know how to lower the amount charged to your credit card, especially if you already have digital cash to spend.
Here’s how to split payments on Amazon on your PC or Mac computer.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
Lenovo IdeaPad 130 (From $299.99 at Best Buy)
MacBook Pro (From $1,299.99 at Best Buy)
How to split payments on Amazon
Once you’ve added items to your cart and are ready to check out, follow these steps to split your payment between a gift card and your credit or debit card:
1. If not already there, go to your cart by clicking the basket icon in the top-right corner of your screen.
2. Click the yellow “Proceed to checkout” button in the upper-right corner.
3. In the box under “Add a gift card, promotion code, or voucher” enter your Amazon gift card code then click “Apply.” If you’ve already added a gift card to your account make sure the box labeled “Use your $X gift card balance” is ticked.
4. Make sure the correct credit or debit card is selected under “Payment method” and if not click the “Change” button and then select your preferred card.
5. Review your delivery options and then click the yellow “Place your order” button.