Join our Mentoring Program
INVEST IN YOUR FASHION FUTURE
The Australian Institute of Creative Design’s Fashion Business Mentoring program is specifically designed to guide you through the often-challenging process of starting your fashion label and building you and your business towards fashion success.
TAILOR MADE FOR YOU AND YOUR FASHION BUSINESS
Meet with one of our fashion industry experts each month for a personalised mentoring session where the focus will be on your professional growth and the individual needs of your brand. Your mentor will guide, assist and advise you on the step by step process to achieve all your fashion goals, fast tracking and propelling your label to the success you desire.
As part of the Mentoring Program monthly workshops are available for you to attend either in person or remotely. Our workshops are designed to target specific fashion industry areas assisting you to develop, improve and learn the skills to grow your business with confidence.
As a member of the Fashion Business Mentoring Program you will be guided through the stages of business planning, collection design and development, sales and marketing through to production and delivery all with the support of the Australian Institute of Creative Design’s extensive industry network of experts.
DON’T DELAY SIGN UP TODAY
You can start at any stage of your business and at anytime of the year! The Fashion Business Mentoring Program runs over 1 year (12 months).
With 1 x workshop and 1 x one on one meeting, phone or Skype mentoring session scheduled each month.
Plus unlimited email support, access to our online resources and extensive network of industry specialists for only $250 per month (including GST) over 12 months (total $3000).
ENROL TODAY TO JOIN OUR
BUSINESS MENTORING PROGRAM
Call 07 3854 1395 or Email Us
“…Remember: if the most unique ideas were obvious to everyone, there wouldn’t be entrepreneurs. The one thing that every entrepreneurial journey has in common is that there are many, many steps on the road to success.”
– Tory Burch, Fashion Designer and Business Women.
Launch Your Fashion Label & Build Your Brand for Success
- Would you like step-by-step guidance to assist you in launching a successful fashion label?
- Do you need to learn essential business and marketing skills to get your business off the ground?
Australian Institute of Creative Design’s Fashion Business Mentoring program is designed to guide you through the challenging process of starting your fashion label and building your business for success. Through monthly workshops and phone/skype progress meetings you will target specific business areas to develop and improve, in order to grow your business and keep you moving forward towards achieving your business goals. You will also benefit from the support, shared ideas and brainstorming from other members of the mentoring group.
As a member of the Fashion Business Mentoring Program you will be guided through the stages of business planning, collection design and development, sales and marketing through to production and delivery. You will receive feedback and advice from industry professionals on your designs, business strategy, marketing, manufacturing/production and how to overcome various business challenges.
Each month you will create, with your mentor, an action plan for the month with a checklist of tasks to keep you on track. In your progress meetings you will check your progress with your mentor and work through any challenges you are having. By having someone to be accountable to, you can achieve success much faster than you can on your own!
This program is designed specifically for start-up businesses through to businesses in their first 1-2 years (max) of trading looking to improving and build your fashion business.
During the program you will receive
- Business planning templates and worksheets
- Checklists to keep you on track
- Document templates and samples
- Monthly action plans
Mentoring Focus Areas
- Business development planning and goal setting
- Choosing the right business structure
- Registering your business name, trademarks, website domain names etc
- Budget planning and financial projections for your first year
- Finding stockists for your label
- The fashion business calendar and how it relates to your business planning
- Refining your branding concept
- Identifying your target market and developing a branding and marketing strategy
- Finding and exploiting your Unique Selling Proposition
- Writing an effective press release and putting together a media kit
- Putting together a look book that sells
- Preparing your order forms, terms and conditions of trade and understanding your legal requirements
- The option to have our styling students style a photoshoot of your collection for your look book/website/promotional materials
Online Store / Web Presence
- How to set up your own online store and/or website
- Setting up a facebook page, blog, youtube channel, twitter, google+, instagram, pinterest etc
- Planning and implementing a social media marketing strategy
- How to develop online content to create an online following
- Important SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) techniques
- How to generate a social media following
Sales and Customer Service
- Tips for presenting your range to buyers to increase sales
- How to approach store owners/buyers
- Sales techniques
- Following up
- Employing sales agent/representatives
- Collating your orders and preparing for production
- Refining your collection
- Analysing sales figures to determine your range mix
- Finding the bread and butter
- Costing the collection
- Sourcing for the collection development and production
- Developing your garment tech packs
- How to stand out, attract sales and have the ‘wow’ factor
- Finding and dealing with manufacturers and suppliers (local and international)
- Importing – dealing with customs agents, shipping etc.
- Opportunity to participate in international fashion sourcing trips (* at an additional cost)
- Industry contacts
- Managing challenges in sourcing, sampling and production
- Managing the money!
- Understanding the numbers
- Sales forecasting and cashflow management
- Using your sales data for future range planning
- How to make sense of your financial reports
- Developing systems and procedures to run your business efficiently
- Hiring and managing staff
- Networking skills and building relationships with key industry contacts
- Developing strategic partnerships to expand your business
- Developing KPI (Key Performance Indicators) to drive success
- Understanding the critical numbers
Program Duration and Price
The Fashion Business Mentoring Program runs over 1 year (12 months) with one workshop and one phone or skype progress meeting each month along with unlimited email support and access to our online resources.
Get all of this for only $250 per month (including GST) over 12 months (total $3000).
This program is open to anyone wanting to launch or improve their label through an application interview process to ensure your suitability to the program.
Successful graduates of our Advanced Diploma of Applied Fashion Design and Technology or Advanced Diploma of Fashion and Textiles Merchandising qualifications have direct entry into the program.